92 Chevy Lumina Euro: battery being drained

MELTON675
  • 1992 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I was given a 1992 Lunina Euro, 3.1. It has run good for 2 months then the battery started draining over night. I bought a new battery and it was fine for another month but then I started having the same problem. I had the batter, alt, and starting system checked, I also had it checked for any shorts. No problems could be found anywhere. The other night I had it jumped again to try and find the problem and noticed that the light around the driver side door lock was not shutting off. Could that be draining the battery and if so how do I disconnect it :
Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 AT 2:26 PM

Remove the door panel reach in there and remove the bulb or change the switch for the lite on that side.
Wednesday, April 4th, 2007 AT 4:40 PM
SAMMIEDUKE
Remove the door panel reach in there and remove the bulb or change the switch for the lite on that side.[/Quote:7cc1650f6f]
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 AT 2:11 PM
Yeap it will drain your battery below 12.4volts-you need voltages over this just to crank the engine over.

Remove the door panel reach in there and remove the bulb or change the switch for the lite on that side.[/Quote:c32aa3b32d][/quote:c32aa3b32d]
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 AT 2:56 PM