CHEVY ENGINE FAILS TO START

2000 Chevrolet Truck

tcurb1948

October, 20, 2008 AT 1:32 PM

2000 Chevy Truck V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

My 2000 Chev 3500 CrewCab is powered by the 454 big block engine. It is not driven daily but is used at lease 2 days a week for hauling hay or horses or to get feed. Recently the engine would not start immediately, as usual, after driviing to town on errands. When I got back into the truck & I tried to start the engine it would turn over but not start. It would take 2 - 4 tries before the engine would fire. It been getting progressively worse. I drove the truck Friday afternoon & after parking for about 20 minutes it would not start. I waited for 2 hours & it started up just fine. Started up just fine. I parked it at home & did not try to drive it again until last night (Sunday). I tried to start it last night & it would not start for anything. I tried it again this morning & it started just fine. Please note - the Check Engine Light does not come on.

I had a tune-up on the truck (new distributor cap, ignition wires, plugs & inline fuel filter about 1500 miles ago. Any ideas about what I should check

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right