1998 Chevy Truck Will not crank

SHANEDMOORE
  • 1998 CHEVROLET TRUCK
98 with vortec engine truck is firing, around 60psi on fuel tries to hit but will not run. Tried pouring fuel into the intake but still wont run. Drove truck home (running fine) parked it and then tried to drive it day and a half later and it would not crank.
Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 3:41 PM

Check for spark-

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark?
Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 3:54 PM
SHANEDMOORE
I did this theo other day and yes I have A strong spark. I before I did this I put an ignition coil on it, they tested it at parts store and it showed bad but did not help it still does same thing. What does the Pickup module control, or module in the distibutor, a guy at parts store said it "told injectors when to spray"? Is there any way to know if injectors are working? Also if you put gas in throttle body it still wont crank like the injectors are not doing just right. It has totally blew our mind, drove it one day parked it in my drive and it sat there day and a half and then wouldnt crank. Thanks
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 8:13 AM
You got spark-feed it with gas and still no start-double check for spark it should fire up and then die out-when you give it gas.

The ignition control module is doing its job if your getting spark. The ignition system is working
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 2:42 PM
SHANEDMOORE
Tried gas into intake no different than just turning it over (trying to crank but just cant). Took plug out and spark isnt as blue as I thought. I had put ignition module on last week so it is new. What is the module actually in the distibutor under the metal plate that the rotor button bolts(screws) too? Is that Pick-up Module? A guy at parts store said it could actually run without it even plugged Up? I am just on a budget (tight-tight Budget) and one mechanic said it would show a code and one said it might not so I can just keep putting parts on it I guess or what is your suggestion on putting it on a machine. Another thing is I already have $130.00 tied up so sorta hate to let it whoop me (LOL). Thanks
Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 AT 8:59 PM
You can have it up on a scope machine to view the ignition patterns-
Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 8:56 AM
SHANEDMOORE
Just wanted to tell you had a buddy who suggested new plugs or atleast half of them so I did and still no starting! It seems to be better (very little) but when you let off ignition switch it will actually sputter for A second or so then die so I am going back in the morning and get 4 more plugs and put them in and see what that does. Most everybody I quiz about it say if you got spark and you got fuel it will crank but not in this case. Guy at parts store told me to pull plug going to injectors and check fire with ignition switch on and I do have fire to that point. Is ignition module and Pick up module same Thing? If not which is one in Distributor? Will it run without it? Or is it working if I have Fire? Sorry to bother you and thanks for info.
Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 9:10 PM