1995 CHEVY 1500 5.3 WIERD BRAKE PROBLEM

• bobw
  • 1995 Chevrolet Truck

Have a 95 Chey 1500 with a strange brake problem. When you get into the vehicle and start it up, put it in D everything is fine, but put it in reverse and it's like the brakes are locked up. (Acts like the rears) If you press the brake pedal down about half way you can feel it release and you can back up some, but you have to keep foot on pedal with just the right amount of pressure.
The PU did have a Kelsey Hays trailer brake on it so I took off the unit but that did not make any difference, still locks up.
If you drive for awhile the problem seems to go away until the next time you park it for awhile and try it again.
Any good suggestions as to what to look at? I sure would appreciate it. Forgot to mention this girl has 250K miles on her but has been well maintained.

Sunday, March 18th, 2007 AT 10:40 AM

• rsararench

Id pull off the rear drums and Ill bet you find some broken or disconnected hardware. Springs, retainers, etc check the self adjusting hardware. Randy

Saturday, March 24th, 2007 AT 1:00 PM