1991 Chevy Camaro RS won't start

KITKAT_LEO
  • 1991 CHEVROLET TRUCK
Ok very frustrating- 164000 miles Car didn't want to start replaced the starter and it started a few days and died wouldn't jump thought the rebulit starter had problems replaced it. Still only clicks won't start. Checked fuses connections. Fuseable link on start good. Tried to replace the coil that didn't do anything. Wondering what next should I look at, please help
Sunday, July 2nd, 2006 AT 3:20 PM

KITKAT_LEO
So we replaced the ignition switch and now the car clicks like the battery is dead, but battery tested it was fine. The funny thing is you could test for error codes and then the car started a couple of times. Now it won't start at all just clicks. Also the error codes just flash 12 continuesly it is suppose to do it 3 times then flash the error code anyone else think it could be the brain. If you have an idea or anyone else have an idea at all please help :(
Friday, July 7th, 2006 AT 12:09 PM
MIKEYBDMAN
Some times the ground cable from the battery to the engine block will corrode inside the plastic and you cant see it. Check your ground cable and make sure it is not corrodded or have a bad connect to the engine block.
If you have a clicking start relay while trying to start, you have a weak battery, bad ground, loose connection or bad start relay. Try to eliminate each item one by one to avoid replacing parts that dont need to be replaced.
Friday, July 7th, 2006 AT 5:00 PM
FIRECHICKENFREAK
The starter clicks? Does it sound like the starter is engagin but wont turn the fly wheel?Which engine do u have in the rs
Monday, July 10th, 2006 AT 12:11 PM
FIRECHICKENFREAK
Hey listen I have a 89 firebird 5.0 that was doint the same thing did u inspect the internal engine? This is easy to do use a socket and a rachet and try to turn the cam by the cam bolt is should move if it doesnt move something is wrong inside the engine causing youre starter to not be able to turn the car over lemme kno what engine u have
Monday, July 10th, 2006 AT 12:14 PM
KITKAT_LEO
Okay lets go over what's been done. Car was starting to overheat replace the water pump. Car was working okay but having a hard time starting, then the starter went out we replace the starter. Car started fine for about 4 days and then started the car and went to the gas station and turned the car off and it wouldn't restart just clicked thought it was the battery and tried to jump it wouldn't jump.
Now we have never had a vat key for the car but was told by the dealer that it should have had one. So one question is there a way they could have by passed this system that went out? Now we went and tried a new starter a second time and still nothing. Battery tested good. Then we replaced the coil and still nothing. Then the ignition module and still nothing. Tested the fuseable links all test good. Fuses are all good under dash board. Enless I am missing one not in the fuse box. Battery cables good. Have power to the starter. Now when you test the brain for error codes it continuely flashes 12 and a couple of times we could get the car to start after this now nothing except clicks. Next question could it be the brain since I can't get it to give me an error code? We know the starter is good we get it to turn outside the car. What am I forgetting to check please help? It is a 5.0l engine
Wednesday, July 12th, 2006 AT 11:22 PM

Related Engine Not Starting Content