94 Blazer, won't get hot!

BLAZERBOY
  • 1994 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I recently purchased a 1994 1500 series Blazer, engine code K, 350 TBI, 130,000 mi. I can not get the engine temp above 150 degrees. The radiator is clean and flowing well. I replaced the thermostat, heater core, and fan clutch and radiator cap, all with A/C Delco replacement parts, still can't get the engine temp over 150, temp gauge and sending unit working fine. Someone mentioned of a possible clogged water jacket within the intake manifold, has anyone ever heard of this, can anyone shed some lite on my quest for heat? Winter is upon us and it's gonna get cold! Please HELP?
Friday, November 24th, 2006 AT 7:13 PM

KEN
There is only one thing that controls the heat in the engine that is that thermostat, if you install a new unit, try a 195 degree thermostat. Let me know. :Wink:
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 3:26 PM
BLAZERBOY
I did replace the thermostat with a 195 degree unit, supplied from A/C Delco, still Cool Runnings! Do You think I should have the cooling system chemically flushed and then backflushed?
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 4:49 PM
KEN
How do you know the car is running at 150, or are you not getting heat from the heater core?
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 5:05 PM
BLAZERBOY
My mechanic said the temp gauge was operating correctly, and only slightly warm air comming from vents.
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 5:49 PM
KEN
When cold drian a 1/2 quart out of the raditor remove radiator cap. Start, then rev the engine look inside the raditor to check for flow.
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 6:17 PM
BLAZERBOY
I've already done that, the radiator is flowing well.
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 7:23 PM
BLAZERBOY
After 30 min. Both heater hoses hot, upper rad hose hot, lower rad hose warm. Is it possible there might be a problem with the duct doors not opening or closing properly? I do not hear any hissing or vacuum leaks. Is it possible there could be something blocking one of the duct doors causing a mixture of cold and hot air?
Tuesday, November 28th, 2006 AT 4:28 PM
BLAZERBOY
Resolved! : Found a clogged coolant passage in intake manifold, cleared blockage, had manifold boiled out, reinstalled, now engine temp at normal operating temp, and now have more than enough heat through heater core. Thanks for all the in-put and advice. BlazerBoy!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46144_RJ4393119sm_2.jpg

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 9:03 AM