93 S-10 Blazer engine service code 43 and ABS code 37?

KIOWA58
  • 1993 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I have a 93 S10 Blazer 4.3L(vinZ)4x4 with 200K miles whose engine service and ABS lights came on within the same day!The ABS system BPMV Brake Pressure Modulator Valve(abs unit) was replaced by my mechanic a few months ago, the repair cost me about 1,500 dollars!As for code 43 "EST, if the knock sensors are good, what else could be bad?My brake pedal feels spongy and although the ABS system is not working the brakes don't seem to be able to lock to a complete stop either. Any ideas on how to fix my brakes or totally elliminate the expensive ABS system, and fix my low spark timing voltage?I replaced the pick-up coil, and ignition module(under the cap and rotor)I performed a compression check and although a bit variable, was within tolerance on all six cylinders. :
Wednesday, January 17th, 2007 AT 2:18 PM

JACK42
Cant help you with th ebrakes. But the EST code might need to be on a scanner so as to watch the sensor to verify it is picking up a knock signal
Wednesday, January 17th, 2007 AT 4:31 PM