2004 Chevy Trailblazer loss of power with hesitation

ROSERGOMEZ
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I have a 2004 Trailblazer and I have always been happy with the performance until a about a month ago. When I start up the vehicle in morning it runs rough, so after it has warmed I notice as I am driving I do not have the pick up and go that it used to. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter. I want to know if I should change spark plugs? I have read a number of posts that say that it may be the Idle air control valve and/or the Cam Actuator Solenoid. Not sure if I should try to replace these as well.
Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 9:59 AM

First, don't replace parts until you know what is wrong with it. Otherwise, you'll end up spending a ton of money for nothing.

Has the check engine light come on? Have you checked fuel pump pressure? Have you checked to make sure there are no vacuum leaks? Finally, have you checked to see if the catylatic converter isn't plugging?

Let me know.
+1
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 8:17 AM