2004 Chevy Trailblazer 2004 Trailblazer blower inop, ABS an

MOULTRIEDAWG
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
2004 trail blazer, when the a/c is running the blower stops running and the abs light and brake light comes on. All of a sudden the blower will start running and the abs light and brake light goes out.
Friday, June 27th, 2008 AT 10:06 PM

BRIAN 1
Try this, here is a bulletin for this problem.I know I answered this same problem somewere in the trailblazer section, but here is the bulletin. Diagnose for loss of battery voltage to the rear fuse block on circuit 300 ORN for the following fuses:

Note: Prior to proceeding forward with the information below, it is important to verify the voltage as indicated however it is equally important to verify the integrity of each circuit. This can be achieved by performing a voltage drop test or by adding a device to each circuit that will supply sufficient load to verify the circuits integrity.

HVAC 30A, 4WD 15A, HVAC 1 10A, BRAKE 10A, TBC RUN 3A.

Check circuit 300 ORN for battery voltage when the ignition key is in the RUN position.
Check for battery voltage at the rear fuse block under the rear seat Connector C1 pin D9.
If battery voltage IS NOT present at these locations, check for voltage at the ignition switch pin G for circuit 300 ORN.
If battery voltage IS present at the ignition switch pin G, check circuit 300 for an open.
If battery voltage IS NOT present at the ignition switch pin G, replace the ignition switch.
Post back with what you find.
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 3:56 PM
MOULTRIEDAWG
Yes I did see this posted earlier. I do not understand what a 300 circuit ORN is. Please explain.
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 6:53 PM
BRIAN 1
Circuit 300 is the orange wire that runs from the ignition switch to the rear fuse block.(Under the back seat)you are checking for the presents of 12 volts on that circuit. If you have 12 volts than the ign switch is bad, if not you could have a short to ground somewere on that circuit.I would post a picture but it will not let me post one.
+2
Sunday, June 29th, 2008 AT 9:36 AM
MOULTRIEDAWG
You are the man. Replaced the ignition switch. Everything working fine. Thanks so much.
Monday, June 30th, 2008 AT 8:13 PM