2008 Chevy Tahoe Starting Problem

• 4 POSTS

2008 Chevy Tahoe V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 5000 miles

I have problem starting my Hybrid Tahoe 2008, I charged the battery but still no start, how can I charge the Hybrid Battrey if it is drained out, . Any special proceedure to do that? Also how the starting proceeder goes since no starter for the hybrid cars, . Please help

Monday, December 7th, 2009 AT 2:31 PM

Seeing as this is a hybrid, you cant just jump start it, it has a 12 volt, 36 volt and 300 volt system. The systems on a hybrid are different you need a tech 2 and a battery charger, you will need to activate the jump assist.A severely depleted hybrid drive motor battery may not have sufficient energy needed to crank/start the engine. In this case a scan tool may be used to place the accessory power module (APM) in a special operating mode called Jump Assist. The Jump Assist function allows on vehicle charging of the hybrid drive motor batteries using the 12 volt DC vehicle system.

Operating Functions
In Jump Assist the APM converts the 12 volt DC to high voltage (HV) DC. The high voltage DC can then charge the hybrid drive motor batteries. During this mode of operation the APM and vehicle systems may draw up to 80 amps of current from the vehicles 12 volt DC system. An external 12 volt DC battery charger is required during the Jump Assist mode. In order to guarantee a successful engine start, approximately 20 percent state of charge (SOC) in the hybrid drive motor battery is recommended. Refer to Jump Assist. A successful Jump Assist can be expected to take an extended period of time not less than 20 minutes. Might just want to take it to the dealer.

Monday, December 7th, 2009 AT 5:37 PM