SERVICE AIR BAG LIGHT IS ON

JOSIERT
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TAHOE
My service air bag light came on yesterday morning, can it be something that I can change myself. Thinking it may be a sensor?
Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 8:58 PM

DOCFIXIT
Need a scanner to find fault many possibilities which you can get from Amazon for about $30.00. Here is a video to help you see what to do to fix the problem.

https://youtu.be/gnSGfEqrf_w

Here is the scanner

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XE8C74/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=2carprcom-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B007XE8C74&linkId=2b1553d47faedf8e31ccd8a7833c6a58

Please run down this guide and report back.
Monday, December 15th, 2008 AT 10:04 AM
HLACEFIELD
Thanks for this post I had this problem and had to replace the clock spring cost me $143.00 FYI hope this helps.
Sunday, September 1st, 2019 AT 12:54 PM
BLDR411
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TAHOE
DTC B0100 - Front End Sensor Performance. I doubt the front end sensors are bad, because I think they are simple mechanical devices. But I can't find anything more on the subject. I can't even locate a replacement part. I have pulled the connectors and checked for damage or corrosion; they are clean. I am getting ready to pull the device and dismantle it. It could also be an open wire, but the vehicle is still young. Unable to clear the code. Any experience with this? Thanks.
Sunday, September 1st, 2019 AT 12:54 PM (Merged)
BLDR411
Where were you guys? I guess this really is a do it yourself thing. Have an airbag problem? First get a scanner that reads airbag codes. Try Harrison R&D in Texas (obdscan. Net). Read your DTC; mine was a B0100 left front impact sensor. Next get a manual; try (online). Don't work on airbags with out a good manual. You have to disable the zones to prevent accidental deployment ($$$ and embarassment; think the mechanic would have a good laugh about that?). For me, the manual wanted to isolate the wiring to the sensor and check for shorts and opens. That was too much work; car is not that old. So, I disabled the front zone and switched sensors; the DTC code came back B0103 right front. That pretty much was enough to go buy a sensor ($75) from the dealer and kill the problem. I still think overall I spent way less, I'm tooled up for the next thing and I don't know about you, but I like fixing things.
-2
DIXIE64
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Computer problem
2004 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 58673. Miles

My "check airbag" light came on, so I took it to the dealership and they ran a diagnostic on it. The mechanic told me that the two crash detector sensors located by the radiator were bad, one was corroded and the other had a short in it. 319.68 for parts. Ugh. Then he said that he would call GM to see if they could help on these costs. Does that seem weird to anyone? Is there something they may not be telling me, or is there another to fix this sensors, can I do it myself (when I say myself I mean my husband). Thanks for any info.
RYANUNI
I am not sure about this area of the vehicle, although it does seem strange. I have never heard of an airbag sensor bieng bad much less two on a 2004. I would get a second opinion but this is not an issue I would attempt to address myself, like I said I dont know much about it but more importantly I know the consequences of a mistake in this area. All I can say is if you or your husband attempt to repair or modify your airbag sensors MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED! I know airbags are expensive and you never get that powdery crap all out ;)
HRIVERA2003
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I recently had the "service airbag" light come on. i was going to take the truck to a mechanic to get that fixed but when i was cleaning it out to do so i found a part that has the same symbol for the airbag and it looks like something electrical. i have a part number and i was wondering if i could just put it back on myself but i just cant find where it goes... the part number is 15188374.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/522620_DSCN9202_1.jpg

MMPRINCE4000
I don't have a cross reference or interchange to GM parts, so check with GM parts dept.
If you can't find it repost and I will investigate further.
You can also call local parts stores and ask them to type the GM part number into their interchange software to get part ID.

You should first get the codes read from the diagnostic port, Air Bags set a "B" body code.

You always want a professional to work on an airbag system, accidental deployment can be very dangerous, as well as expensive.
-1
EQUUSTRNR
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TAHOE
1995 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

my dash indicators are flickering. The speedometer and tachometer will sometimes surge back and forth, while my warning lights like the air bag warning or the parking brake warning will flicker on and off while I'm driving. My cruise control will work for a short while and then disengage. Could this be something as simple as a fuse?
1995 Chevy Tahoe
PEAR69
Make sure all the fuses are pushed in all the way. A fuse is either good or bad. When a fuse is bad (or blown) it does not repair itself; you have to find the short or overcurrent issue, repair it and replace the fuse. Your issue sounds more on the lines of a loose harness connection or a corroded or bad ground.
EQUUSTRNR
A mechanic today said something along the lines of Chevy Tahoes are known for my problem. It has to do with a circut board that needs to be replaced. I guess this board is tied to the cruise control and dash gauges as well as certain warning lights. They need to check to verify if any trouble codes have been logged before replacing the board. I took a 50 mile trip today and on the way out, the problem kept occurring. On the way home it started but approx. 15 miles from home, the problem stopped and the truck ran perfect. What gives? Has anyone experienced anything like this?