MY HEATER IS NOT GETTING HOT

SHILLARD31
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE
  • AWD
My heater is not getting hot the heater cord has been checked, the radiator has been flushed, the hose has been checked and what else is there to be done. Please help
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 AT 10:01 PM

Is the heater hoses both hot? Here is a guide to help you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

-1
Thursday, November 20th, 2008 AT 7:34 AM
SHILLARD31
Checked to see if the floor on the passenger side was wet but it was not.
Thursday, November 20th, 2008 AT 4:14 PM
Hi:
Is the engine warming to normal operating temp? Is the coolant level full? If you feel the heater core hoses when the engine is hot and the heater is on, are they both warm?

Let me know.

+1
Thursday, November 20th, 2008 AT 11:15 PM
SHILLARD31
Yes the hose is warm and the coolant is full the radiator was flushed today all of that has been checked please help me and thank you
+2
Friday, November 21st, 2008 AT 4:12 PM
JQBALL2U
What does the temp gauge read (the one that looks like a thermometer [most times])?
Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 AT 5:14 PM
DENNISFC2000
Was the heater core flushed? I flushed the heater core on my Blazer and the heater is hotter than ever. Take both hoses off that are coming from the radiator and hitting the fire wall. Get your water hose and put it on one and then the other. Your going to get wet but it will work. If that is not the case then check the thermostat. Thanks
+1
Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 AT 4:22 PM
Hi:
If both hoses are hot and the engine runs at a normal operating temp (around 200 degrees) there must be a problem with the blend door not opening to allow heat to enter the cab. Near the heater core is where you'll find the item. It's located in the HVAC duct work and may be stuck.

Check for that and let me know what you find. NOTE: The heater core is aprox behind the glove box.

Let me know if this helps.

+3
Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 AT 6:24 PM
KOKOE
My heat is luke warm. Both hoses ontop of the motor get hot.I changed the thermostat.I filled the antifreeze.I have no water on the passenger side floor and the blendor box is blowing out fine. Could this be a early onset of issues with my heater core or waterpump? Its getting cold out and I cant drive my truck because it takes 40min for the temp to go up in the truck.
Monday, November 26th, 2018 AT 3:48 AM
KEN

It sounds like you have a weak blend door actuator that is not closing completely. Here are tow guides to help us get started:

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Please run down these guides and report back.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, November 26th, 2018 AT 10:27 AM