2001 Chevy Tahoe Hard to turn left

REVLINE6
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE
When turning left it is hard when comming out of a parking lot and sometimes when driving and making a left hand turn. And it sounds like air is comming out but thats how it sounds. I lifted the truck up and everything is fine left or right as soon as the truck is lowered down its hard to turn left. I disconected the connector to the power steering pump somthing about the assist and no help. The power steering pump has fluid no leaks. Everything under the truck looks fine no play when driving straight it is fine no problems. Could this be the gear box? I thought if it was the gear box it would b hard to turn left when the truck is lifted off of its wheels but its not when lefted its fine?
Sunday, October 17th, 2010 AT 11:08 AM

Have a pro check the pump for pressure and the box. It may be the box has gone bad or you have a bad line that is collapsing.
Sunday, October 17th, 2010 AT 11:54 AM
REVLINE6
Ok thanks! Oh and also when I am parked and I try to turn the wheels left as soon as the steering get realy hard to turn if I hold it in that position and I step on the gas it loosens up as soon as the rev's go down it seems to get stiff again? Would u be able to narrow that down for me? The belts seems to be tight enough. Thanks for ur input.
Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 3:04 AM
REVLINE6
Oh ya forgot to say that before all of this happend for a while I had noticed that when I turn to the left at a full stop like when pulling out of a parking lot or a tight u turn I would fell like the front left tire was going over a bump? It seemed like something was rubbing making the tire feel like I was going over small bumps on the road but there was nothing there I though it was just the 22 inch rims I had on there but nothing rubs down there. But this has been happening for a while now but since I dont drive this truck very much and dont often make sharp left turns or turn the steering all the way left till it locks I didnt really bother me.
Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 3:12 AM
The 22" wheels you have may be making the tire hit the inner fenderwell or frame. Due to their size. If you have th is truck lifted and i'm imaging you do now that you have told me the size of the wheels, your steering geometry is probably screwed up and needs to be fixed. There are kits available out there for doing that.
Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 12:39 PM