1999 Chevy Tahoe have three break lights 2 main not workin

JOHNCURRANSR
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have the third window break light. I have no btrak lights, only the center window break light works. I have lights and turn signals and flashers just no break lights in the tail light assemblys How do I test or figure out what the problem is (there is a trailor hitch wiring harness all has worked and recently have started having this issue) I checked all bulbs and checked for carossion and any broken or cracked or frayed wires Ive seen nothing obvios at all. Any suggestions. Thanks

John
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 6:06 PM

ZACKMAN
Your taillight assembly consists of three bulbs. Backup (reverse), tail and turn (dual filament) and tail and stop(brake) (also dual filament).

Obviously the backup light has clear cover. Now you have two bulbs behind the red lense. Turn the turn signal, now you know which one is the turn light. Now remove the other one - not the back up, and not the turn. That is your tail/stop(brake light). Replace this bulb with a new 3157 (part number) bulb. If replacing the said bulb does nothing, then you have to replace the circuit board.
Saturday, June 6th, 2009 AT 3:05 AM
ALSATROPINE
Is your taillight a sealed or unsealed? The sealed taillights can corrode and cause issues. I have had this problem in the past. Good luck!
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 AT 7:23 PM
BERNIEM
If you have the (Non-Factory)euro back lights like I have
on mine then yeah, I had the same issue. Sort-of.

If you checked the trailer wires and nothing, then
if you dont use the trailer hitch anymore I would
say run with the wires and un do them.

Or if not, remove the light fixtures, just take the
board out of the cover (2 bolts) hook it up the
the plug, wiggle, and press on the light bulb
while someone has the break in. See if comes on.
If it flickers, or comes on when you press hard,
you will get the idea what to do next.
Thursday, June 25th, 2009 AT 10:20 PM