1999 Chevy Tahoe Fuel Pump

DJAG
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE
The fuel pump wasn't working. I removed the old and installed a new one. When I turn the key, I do not hear the pump.
I hate having to drop the tank to go over everything again. Is there something else that could prevent the pump from running. I disconnected the battery and removed the relay before starting the instalation and I installed the relay before connecting the battery after pump installation.
Monday, September 13th, 2010 AT 1:41 AM

Check and test the fuel pump fuse and the fuel pump relay.
Monday, September 13th, 2010 AT 2:22 AM
DJAG
I am wondering how to test my relay? I did read that when the vehicle get turned to the ON position the realy should click. I am alone an unable to have someone help me at this time.
I also read that I can check the voltage to the relay. I want to confirm how this is done.
What I have done an ohm meter is checked between post 30 & 87a = connection or shorted
between post 85 & 86 = connection
To check voltage, would I check 87 to 30? Or 87 and GND to vehicle?
Can I jump 87 & 30 and see if the pump runs?
Monday, September 13th, 2010 AT 3:37 PM
Jump 30 that has the pink wire to 87 which has the lite green, this will cause the fuel pump to come on automatically

Both 30 and 87 when probe should have power while relay in place when starting or run position of the key

30 to 87 you should not get a reading it should be infinite/no continuity
+1
Monday, September 13th, 2010 AT 6:52 PM