1999 Chevy Tahoe Fuel Line retaining rings

BIGDUMMY
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE
While removing my fuel pump I encountered a problem disconnecting the high pressure fuel and return lines. I have the proper tool but I still could not remove the lines without damaging the steel retaining clips. I have not been able to find any of these clips. All of the dealers that I have talked with say that I will need to buy new fuel lines at a cost of around $100 each. All I need is two little steel retaining clips and I will be on the road again. Is there any place to buy these clips or am I up the creek?
Tuesday, May 4th, 2010 AT 10:33 AM

INTERNETMECHANIC
I can't exactly see your problem from here, but, there are manufacturers that sell fuel line repair kits. I don't know how safe they are? If something happens and a fuel line comes loose, that is your responsibility.

Dormanproducts. Com has fuel line repar kits. I've never used them, don't even know if they have what you need. Safety has to be your number 0ne concern.
Tuesday, May 4th, 2010 AT 11:46 AM