CHEVY FUEL LINE RETAINING CLIPS

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

bigdummy

May, 4, 2010 AT 10:39 AM

1999 Chevy Tahoe

While replacing my fuel pump on my 99 Chevy Tahoe 350 I encountered a problem removing the fuel and return lines from the pump. I have the correct tool but still was not able to remove the lines without damaging the clips. None of the parts stores carry them and the dealers tell me that I will have to buy new lines at a cost of around $100 each. Is there any place that sells these clips or is there possibly an alternative solution? I am broke and can't afford to buy the new fuel lines.

Consaka

May, 4, 2010 AT 10:52 AM

I feel your pain there but the only thing I can think of is converting the connection to a old style connection. However I am unfamiliar with your pump. If the pump has the fittings built into it then it may not be possible.
Perhaps you can cut both ends off and put a rubber hose on in between. You would have to make sure the hose is rated for fuel and the pressure that the pump puts out. You may also need more then one worm drive clamp per side.
That's the real farmer way to do it. ; ) If you have some bailing wire somewhere you may be able to tie the lines together then you can claim your car is held together by bailing wire.
All jesting aside it is better to use the original lines. You may be able to find some in the junkyard that would be much cheaper.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet