1995 Chevy Tahoe No Spark

MARVN610
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TAHOE
1995 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 1995 Chevy Tahoe with about 185,000 miles on it. Recently it started shutting off while driving or sometimes it will not even start. I have changed the distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires, ignition coil, module control, pickup coil and it still is doing the same thing. Recently it shut off on me and it would not start all. I check there is no spark.
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 7:31 AM

JACK42
Is this a TBI or CPI engine.95 can go either way. Is the check engine light on? If so need to scan it, if it is a CPI it could have a bad crank angle sensor which keeps the PCM from seeing the engine turning.
+1
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 8:10 AM
MARVN610
The truck is TBI. The Check engine soon lights comes on and turns off. When it stalled and didn't start up again the Check engine light was off.
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 8:16 AM
JACK42
When it is dead (Wont start) check for power at the coil to see if it getting any.
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 6:45 PM
TOSEVSKI79
Yep, same problem here down under.

No spark. Now comes the process of long elimination.
-1
Thursday, September 11th, 2008 AT 7:53 PM
MARVN610
I had my truck get a diagnostic run on it and it came back with the Modular (not sure if that's how it's spelled) in the ECU is NO good. There is no signal coming from it. The guy said it was going to run me approximately $500.00 to get my ECU rebuilt.
-1
Friday, September 12th, 2008 AT 6:22 AM
JACK42
They do go bad, toss it in his lap, if it doesnt fix it, then he misdiagnosed it and can keep on trying
Friday, September 12th, 2008 AT 7:26 AM
TOSEVSKI79
Yep same problem, changed crank sensor, distributor, dis. Cap, rotor button, pcm, ignition module, coil, leads, plugs.

Absolutely lost at this stage.
Monday, September 15th, 2008 AT 2:31 AM