1995 Chevy Tahoe Car starts then dies

MOOKMIKEY
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TAHOE
1995 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

my 95 tahoe starts up runs for a second then dies has new fuel pump new ign module new fuel filter new plugs new cap and rotor what could this be
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 4:59 PM

Hi there mookmikey and TY for the donation this is what keeps the site going.

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs if okay test the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump/oil pressure sending unit-

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_98.gif

Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 5:10 PM
MOOKMIKEY
I checked relay it was good and has good fuel pressure I was thinking the oil pressure switch but inside my truck shows good oil pressure could that still be the issue
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 5:17 PM
Won't hurt to check it-Or do this find the fuel pump test connector and power it this will constantly operate the fuel pump

BTW what was the fuel pressure reading?

The fuel system primes up for 2secs then the fuel pump relay deenergized while the engine is being crank over oil pressure above 4lbs will close the Fp/Oil pressure switch and then it powers the fuel pump
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 5:24 PM
MOOKMIKEY
I dont remeber the fuel pressure but had someone come out to check it and they said it was good and that diagram you sent is that the pre obd2 connector in the truck it looks the same and is that were I can test the fuel pump
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 5:30 PM
The fuel pump test connector is located on left rear of engine compartment see C8 for location

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fp_test_connector_1.jpg

-1
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 5:52 PM
MOOKMIKEY
I will test tonight and reply again tommorow thank you
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 6:05 PM