1997 CHEVY SUBURBAN WILL NOT START (SUSPECT FUEL PUMP)

• Bondo7777
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN

1997 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 129000 miles

Hi, My wifes suburban will not start. Turns over o.K. But will not fire. I put 5 gallons of gas in it and still wouldn't start. So I suspected the fuel filter. Change it and still wouldn't start. Put a new fuel pump relay in and again wouldn't start. I no that the fuel pump is in the gas tank and will be a pain to change. Am I missing something (control module)? What should I check to verify? Thanks Steve. Also It died while she was driving.

Friday, December 18th, 2009 AT 3:41 PM

• Rasmataz

No start condition:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Friday, December 18th, 2009 AT 4:05 PM