1997 Chevy Suburban Slipping at cruising Speed

FISH-AHOLIC
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
I just purchased a 1997 Chevy suburban. When I looked it over and test drove it everything seemed fine. This past weekend I took it for the first long drive (approx 120 miles each way). I noticed that when driving at cruising speed the truck jerked from time to time. Now I watched the tach and never saw the RPMs increase. The only constant was over 50mph and some form of acceleration (happened with my foot as well as cruise control) I never decelerated, the cruise control never kicked off. I checked the fluid in the transmission and that was at the appropriate level. When running at lower speeds everything appears to be working flawlessly. I am going to attempt a filter change and transmission flush and hope that cures the problem. But on the chance it doesn't I am sure I'll need to go somewhere to get it done and in all honesty, I really don't trust transmission shops.
Monday, May 5th, 2008 AT 5:32 PM

FISH-AHOLIC
Well the week before I was due to put it in the shop, I had a hard time starting it. Once started it would run great. So, I figured Fuel, Air or Fire. One of those was the issue. I figured I'd do a quick fix on the air and fuel by throwing in new filters and dumping some Gunk High Mileage Injector Cleaner in. Guess what. No more slipping feeling. Glad it wasn't the tranny afterall.
Sunday, June 8th, 2008 AT 1:30 PM