1997 Chevy Suburban Brake Booster thingy

MICHELLIEANDJESSICA
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
So when I press down on the brake I have to apply all of my body weight so that I'm basically standing in my truck at a red light. I went to Pep Boys which btdub have taken about $4,000 of my money for the past 2 yrs. Not to get sidetracked but they told me I need to spend $500 to replace this booster that they dont know which part of the booster it is so it may cost even more money. I just want to know since there are no trustworthy mechanics in the world if you are a female what I can do to fix it myself. Thank you!
Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 10:55 PM

MHPAUTOS
Oh dear, I would like to think that I am a trust worth mechanic. Anyway, you need to do a few basic tests to prove the integrity of the booster, first is the pedal high and hard? That is very hard. Now with the key off pump the brakes a few times, holding the brake down, start the engine and tell me if the pedal sucks down a little of just stays hard.

Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 11:01 PM