1994 Chevy Suburban Idles high and low and then shuts off a

AMANDABRUNMEIER
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
Okay not sure of the category but this is what happens.
1. Upon first start of day truck will idle high and then shut off. I must turn the key all the way off and wait a few seconds and then re start the truck. The truck wiil Idle high and choke out and die.
2. I put my foot on the gas and evntually the truck accepts and the RPMs roar to 4000 rpm they hold and I release the gas pedal and then the idle drops to 150 rpms truck runs smooth.
3. All day the truck will start occasionally having idle suging issues.
* I have replaced the throttle positioning sensor which appeard to work that night the next day still had failure. I replaced the Idle Air Control Valve and teh idle was still low so I have adjusted the idle the truck appears to be idlling fine but still surges. I have run fuel cleaner through the tank.
My question is what else can be wrong? I have no check engine light to send me in any direction. I need help Please.
Thank you
Amanda
Idaho
Thursday, July 30th, 2009 AT 9:59 PM

Check the fuel pressure and test the MAP sensor.
Friday, July 31st, 2009 AT 12:07 PM