WINDSHIELD WIPER PROBLEM

Chevrolet Silverado

Vetteman2003

May, 27, 2007 AT 5:57 PM

2002 Chevrolet Silverado, 45,000 miles, V-6 engine. When the problem began, the variable speed would work for a while, then the wipers would just stop. High speed would still work. After a while the wipers would work again. Now, the variable speed does not work at all and the wipers will not park. They only work on high. Any idea what could cause this?

jimc4741

June, 2, 2007 AT 8:55 AM

Have a 98 with similar problems. It was caused by the connector plug to the drivers side wiper motor. When they go out wiggle the connector plug to see if they come back on. I ended up having connector plug replaced.

Carpenter

June, 6, 2007 AT 9:44 PM

There is a windshield wiper module within the motor. It is a simple allen wrench repair. There are three small allens and the board comes out with the female plug end attached. Slide the new one in and you are done.

Vetteman2003

June, 10, 2007 AT 8:18 PM

Thanks for your replies. Apparently on my 2002 Silverado, the control board is built into the plastic cover. When I removed the cover I saw no way to remove the board. I just today replaced the entire motor assembly, I got the whole thing on EBAY for the price of the cover alone. I am happy to say I have all speeds working now and all seems well. Sadly, as I was doing the work, I remembered I need a tune up, and can't even see the distributor cap, looks like major surgery just to replace the cap, don't ya just love these new vehicles. Thanks again, I really like this forum.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla