'99 Silverado, 4X4 not working

CARHAULJOHN
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I recently purchased a '99 chev silverado, push button 4x4, auto, extended cab, Z71, 350, 104k miles. The truck sat for a year or so before I bought it. Before I purchased the vehicle I engaged and operated the 4x4 and it worked properly. Couple days after I purchased the truck the message center in the gauge cluster put up a message telling me to "service 4wd". When I push the buttons to activated the 4x4 nothing happens. No sound, no changing of the indicator lights, 4x4 does not engage at all. Any help would be appreciated, thx. John in Indy
Friday, April 13th, 2007 AT 8:13 PM

NICKYD01
Start out by checking your fuse it is a 15 amp in the fuse panel located on left side of dash board. If problem persists then you need to bring to a repair shop to have a diagnostics machine plugged in to tell you where the problem may lie. Many Trans. Shops dont charge for diagnosis.
Thursday, April 19th, 2007 AT 11:44 AM
KEN
I had this problem with my truck, I replaced the control switch and it fixed everything, let me know please
Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 3:02 PM