97 Silverado 1500 will not start

JNIXON
  • CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Hello, my chevy has 100,000 miles on it. My problems started about a week ago when I tried to crank the engine, yet it would not start. If I held it for awhile it would eventually start. This only happened when the engine was cold though, because after running it during the day it would start off of the first crank or so. Eventually the problem grew worse and worse until this point, it will not start at all. I've changed the Spark plugs and their wires, and the fuel filter, all to no avail though. I pulled a plug from the engine to make sure that I was getting a spark when trying to start it, it was. So I have come to the conclusion that it must be something with the fuel pressure, I have no gauge to check this though so I am not entirely sure. I think it might be the fuel regulator, since some people who have had hard restart problems replaced this and it starts fine for them now. Although they were having problems starting it even when the engine was warm.

In conclusion, I just want a professional opinion on this before I go and spend all my money on expensive equipment that may not need to be replaced.
Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 7:04 PM

BESTAUTOTECH
I would first make sure the fuel pump is making some noise in the tank if not it is probably the fuel pump. I'm not a professional tho
Sunday, October 14th, 2007 AT 4:04 PM