2007 Chevy Silverado loud clanking

CJDRYSDALE3136
  • 2007 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Hello I have a 2007 chevy silverado new body style that has 68000 miles on it it has a 5.3 motor and it is 4wd it has been good to me but right latley it has been making this loud clanking noise on take off and sometimes when I brake. It sounds like somebody is hitting the drive shaft with a hammer just one big hit and it is loud it is pretty loud and sometimes can be embarrising. I just had the transmission looked at and tunes up but it doesnt seem like the transmiisson. Can you please help me
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 AT 1:57 PM

MHIMMEL
If you say it's coming from the driveshaft it may be because there is some play in the differential. This is normal on older trucks because I have a 97 silverado and it was doing the same thing and they said that it's just play in the differential. But since you have a newer truck I'm not sure if it's normal for that to be happening. Is it comiong from the rear or the front of the truck?
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 AT 2:24 PM