2006 Chevy Silverado Engine stops

JACK FAMERA
  • 2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My truck was low on gas. I usually use the mid grade. My kid put in regular. I came to a stop light and the car stopped running at the light. I had to put it in park and restart it. As I drove more the car stopped as I was driving I could feel it in the gas pedal. I coasted to a stop and the had to restart it. I put about 10 dollars of mid grade gas in it and still acting up. I brought it to the Chevy dealer and they put it on the computer and could find NOTHING wrong. Driving it home it stopped again. Is there a gas additive I might try? Any other suggestions?
Friday, October 23rd, 2009 AT 9:22 PM

MATHIASO
Maybe it is little early for the computer to sett a code, it need 3 consecuves drive cycles to sett a code. Just hold your eyes on the dash, it may be there soon.
If not get back to me
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 6:35 AM
SERVICE WRITER
The dealer found nothing. Must still be under warranty lol. Dealer techs get screwed when it comes to diagnosing. Kind of takes away the incentive to nail down the problem assuming the symptoms happened while there.

Intermittants are tough. What makes it worse, is that one would want to tie in recent events as possible causes that can take them down the wrong path. Sometimes it does tie in and sometimes not.

Here are some thoughts on this one. Feel free to carry on this dialog if you wish.

Do you know if there were any codes listed in the computer? That may aid in tracking this down.

Check the owner's manual for the right octane to run.

A fuel gauge can be hooked and the pressure monitored whne the symptoms happen.

Be sure to check primary wiring at ignition coil, I heard of a couple of these where the wires were broken or almost broken inside the insulation, usually right at coil. I believe the pink wire that goes to the power feed to the coil was the one.

Make sure the throttle plate is clean. More issues with carbon build up have developed over the last 20 years.

I have seen distributors shafts problems and ignition cap problems on these. If it is determined this is a source, then only use delco or delphi products on this one.
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 6:35 AM