CHEVY SQUEELING NOISE ON SERPENTINE BELT

2005 Chevrolet Silverado

Stross

Other Category problem
2005 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 41,000 miles

I had the truck in on warranty through GM for a squeeling belt at 18,000. They said it was glazed and replaced the belt. Everything was fine until 38,000. The truck went out of warranty at 36,000.I have replaced the belt 3 times in 3,000 now. I just replaced the belt tensioner and idler pulley and I still get the annoying squeel for about 10 minutes until the truck warms up then it stops.I noticed the flat pulley on the waterpump did not show even signs of wear. Half of the pulley was stripped of the paint from belt slippage. Is a bad waterpump my problem or a bad pulley?I sanded the pulley even now. It is all bare steel. Will this cause slippage?The belt still squeels. Please help or I am going to trade this truck in on a new Toyota. Thanks

Changing Drive Belt

mastertechtim

Water pump pulley is not your problem, most likely it is dry alternator bearings. Remove belt and spin alternator pulley and see if it squeeks. Hope this helps.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX