2005 Chevy Silverado Blower Motor or resistor

POHLMANJ
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I don't know for sure what it is but the blower motor doesn't work anymore. Last weekend I unhooked the battery and then hooked it back up. I didn't notice it until Monday morning on my way to work that the blower motor quit working. It doesn't work in any speed at all. My question is How can I tell if it's the motor, the resistor, or just a simple fuse. I did check the blower fuse and all of the A/C fuses under the hood and on the inside but nothing around the blower motor assembly. Please help.
Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 AT 9:13 AM

Test the blower motor relay-if okay Apply direct power from the battery to the blower motor-don't come On-test the blower motor resistor-if okay the last stop will be the HVAC control module/blower control switch
Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 AT 9:43 AM
POHLMANJ
I had a mechanic look at and we found that the wiring harness going into the Blower fan resistor had burned out. He told me to get a new resistor and wiring harness and how to hook it all up. I then asked him if I needed to replace the blower fan and his response was get everything else fixed and then with the fan running hold my fingers on the wiring connector see if becomes hot. If it does then the blower fan needs to be replaced. My question to you is Do I really need to replace the fan even if it gets warm or hot?
-1
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 1:25 PM
Power the fan direct from the battery did it come On?
-1
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 3:10 PM
POHLMANJ
The fan come on when he touched the wiring harness but when he put his fingers on the wire it started getting hot. That's when he told me I'll probably need a new blower fan. What should I do replace it all or could I get by with just replacing the resistor and wiring harness?
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 3:58 PM
What should I do replace it all or could I get by with just replacing the resistor and wiring harness?

Replace all 3 of them
+1
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 4:05 PM