2005 Chevy Silverado Blower

JPEDLER
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Heater problem
2005 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My father-in-law has an '05 half ton chevy. The blower motor has recently stopped working. I removed the motor to test it, and the motor itself works fine. Then, I replaced the blower resistor and there is still no blow. The relay in the engine compartment is fine and the fuse in the cab is fine. The only other thing that I can think to be wrong would be the control knob itself, but if someone can save me the time of tearing the entire control unit out of the dash and replacing it I would appreciate it. Please help. Very frustrated.
Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 AT 9:52 PM

BRIAN 1
Why don't you disconnect the blower resistor connector and take a test light and check for power at each terminal as you go throught each speed and see if you have power on all speeds if you don't then it's in the control head. Plus taking the contol head off is easy, just pull the dash trim around the dash off, it just pops off anyways and the hvac control head is held in with 4 9/32 screws. It would be easier.
Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 AT 10:00 PM