2005 Chevy Silverado Another Silverado brake light out

87GP
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
OK so I read some other similar topics and there has yet to be a solid answer.

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado LS, 4.8, auto. No towing package. Ther is no circut board type at the tail lights.

My brake lights are out, the third high mount brake light works. I'm not getting any volts at the sockets. The brake switch, on the brake pedal, has a constant 12 at the orange wire. The white wire has voltage when the brake pedal is pressed. The fuse under the hood has constant 12. There is a fuse inside on the end of the dash on the drivers side labeled "Brake", there is no voltage at all on that one. I took the steering column housing off to get at the turn/hazard switch. Thats where I'm confused. Does anyone know which wire is the one that comes from the brake switch or which one goes out towards the brake light bulbs? Also which way does the voltage flow, from the brake switch to fuse to turn switch or some other way? Or am I way off on this. Any and all appreciated.

Thanks.

Cj
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM

Step the brake and look for power at the veh stop fuse 15amp in left I/P fuse block, left side of dash. Do you have it? BTW your botom brake circuit doesn't go thru the turn and hazard switch-

I've been trying to figure this out the last 1/2 hr thru the EWD of the exterior lights
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 9:49 PM
87GP
Hey thanks for the reply. I just went out and checked the Veh Stop Fuse. Fuse is good and power goes through when the brake is pressed. My check light lights up and my meter reds bat voltage.

I kept reading about how the power goes through the turn switch, I guess that through me off.

Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 10:31 PM
Refer to EWD on the brake circuit

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_brake1_3.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_brake2_3.jpg

Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 11:24 PM
87GP
Thats exactly what I need. But Its too small to see. Is there any way you can send them to me? I really don't want to buy a subscription to an online place like alldata if I'm only going to use it once. Or are there any other places you know of to get a schematic? Thanks.

Cj
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 11:32 PM
Give me your email addy for the pic
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 11:42 PM
87GP
I really appreciate this:

cwjaxon@hotmail. Com

Can't pm yet.

Cj
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 11:45 PM
I've just sent it-Good Luck
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 11:52 PM
87GP
Thank you for the pic but it's still too small. I don't want to seem ungrateful but is there some other way to make it larger or can you supply me with a link. Is ther another program to view it with.

Cj
Tuesday, July 28th, 2009 AT 12:24 AM
87GP
Lights are fixed. Turns out the connector under the bed by the spare wheel went bad. Replaced and all works good.
Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 3:14 PM