2004 Chevy Silverado MAF

DUH1
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
2004 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130.00 miles

Hi I have come here to see if you can help.
I have a system that lets me produce hydrogin on demand only when the truck is runng it is not stored.
I have been able to get up to 23 mpg but can not keep it up there it seems that every time I get on a hill the mpg go down and even if the road has a littel encline it well make the mpg go down.
On a level road is when I can get the best mpg.
I know that the pcm is programed to keep the truck at 18.6 because it will tell you that on the dash.
The thing is that I have conrtal of the o2 sensors and the map sensor.
But I feel that the maf is what is keep the mgp down.
I wish that you guys could hear how much quiter and smother runing the truck runs when the pcm dose not try to change the fuel air mix because it picks up the hydrogin as exter air and then starts to pump in more fuel.

Thank you
Saturday, September 13th, 2008 AT 6:56 PM

KEVIN12881
I am fixing to do that to my car, I have purchased the e-book, and wire. Did you run it into your fuel line, air intake, or both? I think it said on cars like yours it will do better in the air intake at high RPM
Saturday, September 13th, 2008 AT 7:24 PM
DUH1
The installers ran two lines one in to the mass air flow close to the engine for highway and a line in to the pcv line for idall.
If you are planing on trying this it is a good ideal to buy the online books because it comes with a great forum that if you are a online book buyer they will try to help as mush as they can.
But right now every body that has a obd II system (ecu-pcm) is having trouble keeping thier high mpg.
That is why I am here hopeing that some one could help with that darn maf sensor because I think that is what is stoping me form keeping that good mpg.

If you really want to see how good this system works you need to put it on a 1996 and older car because there is no ecu-pcm or sensors.
Saturday, September 13th, 2008 AT 7:52 PM
KEVIN12881
I am putting it on a 95 trans am. Does jeggs or summit not have any after market computers that will help you and everyone with a 96 or newer?
Saturday, September 13th, 2008 AT 8:45 PM
DUH1
They do make chips that you have to change out but the run around $200.00. There also are reprogramers that run around $400.00 but you have to do the reprograming and hope that you know what your doing. There is modifed maf sensors that you can buy but they also run around $200.00. The ideal behind the books online is the stuff in theim any body can go out and buy what the need form a store or online and for a couple Hundred dollers they can make every thing for theim selfs or they could go to their free market area and buy it already made and may be some body to install it that it is the way I went. They just start a group up on trying to make a pigy back device that will let people tell the computer what to do but be able to switch back as if there was nothing add. The device is been called opec and it has to be able to let any body go out and buy the things from a store to make it and if premade should only cust around $200.00-$300.00.I thank that you will not have any problems installing a hydorgen system on your trans and have it work for you since you can countrol your air fuel mix.I am thinking that you have a carberater. Just dont get crazzy with all that exter power you will have.
Sunday, September 14th, 2008 AT 7:32 PM