2004 Chevy Silverado Instrument panel gauges

BONNIEB
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
For seveal months the gauges in my instrument panel cluster have not been functioning properly, Sometimes they work, sometimes they freeze in place, sometimes they don't read at all, and sometimes they work but not accurately, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as which ones will work and when. So far it involves the tach, the speedometer, the oil pressure and voltage, the engine temp and fuel tank guages do not seem to be effected. Is this fuse, a relay or wiring? Sometimes I can get them to reset and work properly by restart my truck.
Sunday, January 11th, 2009 AT 10:17 AM

BRIAN 1
There is a special policy for this, Some customers of 2003-2004 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that one or more of the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the instrument panel cluster after the condition has been verified. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after September 28, 2007 are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to September 28, 2007, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

You may want to contact the local dealer for the rest of the info, your vehicle might be covered. Post back with any other questions.
Sunday, January 11th, 2009 AT 10:25 AM