CHEVY RUNNING RICH, ROUGH IDLE

2003 Chevrolet Silverado

jansonp

August, 12, 2010 AT 10:39 AM

2003 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

I have noticed the rough idle for awhile and just now noticed when I start it up I puffs black? I have changed the spark plugs, changed the oil and I am going to seafoam it this weekend. It is hard to start sometimes, never in the morning it always fires right up after sitting. When I say rough start I mean, I turn the key over and let go it still tries to crank and wont start so I give it some gas while cranking itand its starts. Like a diesel with the black smoke haha, if you could giveme some ideas to check I would appreciate it, thanks

legitimate007

August, 12, 2010 AT 12:06 PM

Hi, I would check a couple of things, one is for a leaking injector or faulty injector, another possibility would be a bad fuel pressure regulator, and a dirty fuel filter.. You must also before doing any of these things, check the fuel pressure and spark. Ill send the links to show you the best way to check
joe

legitimate007

August, 12, 2010 AT 12:07 PM

legitimate007

August, 12, 2010 AT 12:07 PM

Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8