2003 CHEVY SILVERADO LOW ENGINE IDLE AND KILLS WHEN PUT IN

• eagleklew
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado

2003 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 116000 miles

IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY 03 SILVERADO. THE TRUCK IN PARK IS IDLES AT 800 TO 900 RPMS, WHEN THE A/C IS ON IT IDLES AT ABOUT 500 IN PARK. BUT WHEN THE TRUCK IS PUT IN GEAR THE IDLE DROPS BELOW 500 RPMS AND WANTS TO KILL. THE RPMS JUMPS BETWEEN 500 AND BELOW WHILE THE A/C KICKS ON AND OFF. IF I GIVE IT GAS IT RUNS FINE BUT AS SOON AS I LET OFF THE EXCELERATOR THE RPMS DROP WAY DOWN AGAIN AND MAY EVEN KILL. THIS PROBLEM JUST STARTED ALL OF A SUDDEN, I GOT OUT OF MY TRUCK AND IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS WHEN I GOT BACK IN THIS STARTED HAPPENING. IM LOST AND NEED SOME HELP! THANKS

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 9:17 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

It sounds like and idle air control vave, or throttle position sensor. Has the check engine light come on?

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 1:17 PM
  • eagleklew

NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. JUST STARTED WITHOUT ANY WARNING.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 4:03 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

WIthout the light, it's a guessing game. However, I would recommend checking for vacuum leaks. THat can cause this type of problem too.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 4:32 PM