CHEVY LOW ENGINE IDLE AND KILLS WHEN PUT IN

2003 Chevrolet Silverado

eagleklew

July, 13, 2009 AT 9:17 AM

2003 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 116000 miles

IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY 03 SILVERADO. THE TRUCK IN PARK IS IDLES AT 800 TO 900 RPMS, WHEN THE A/C IS ON IT IDLES AT ABOUT 500 IN PARK. BUT WHEN THE TRUCK IS PUT IN GEAR THE IDLE DROPS BELOW 500 RPMS AND WANTS TO KILL. THE RPMS JUMPS BETWEEN 500 AND BELOW WHILE THE A/C KICKS ON AND OFF. IF I GIVE IT GAS IT RUNS FINE BUT AS SOON AS I LET OFF THE EXCELERATOR THE RPMS DROP WAY DOWN AGAIN AND MAY EVEN KILL. THIS PROBLEM JUST STARTED ALL OF A SUDDEN, I GOT OUT OF MY TRUCK AND IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS WHEN I GOT BACK IN THIS STARTED HAPPENING. IM LOST AND NEED SOME HELP! THANKS

Jacobandnickolas

July, 13, 2009 AT 1:17 PM

It sounds like and idle air control vave, or throttle position sensor. Has the check engine light come on?

eagleklew

July, 13, 2009 AT 4:03 PM

NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. JUST STARTED WITHOUT ANY WARNING.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 13, 2009 AT 4:32 PM

WIthout the light, it's a guessing game. However, I would recommend checking for vacuum leaks. THat can cause this type of problem too.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars