2003 Chevy Silverado AC recharge

LEXYANDARIANA
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 65,000 miles

my ac seems to be working ok.I get it to about 42-44 degrees on setting 2, when I turn it up to setting 5 it seems to loose is coolness. Ive been using a candy themometer to test it and it just doesnt seem to get cold enough. My wifes grand caravan get to about 36 degrees. It takes my truck a good amount of time to reach 42-45 degrees. How cold should it get and how do I locate the low pressure side so I can recharge it if needed?What else could cause it not to get colder?

Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 8:43 PM

2CARPROS KEN

Hi,

It sounds like the system is a little low on Freon, Here is a diagram on where the low side port is which is on the side of the accumulator, and here are some guides that will help you charge the system correctly.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_462.jpg

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-conditioner-how-to-add-freon

Please use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help and tell a friend.

Best, Ken

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Monday, March 6th, 2017 AT 12:45 PM
BRYCE PAYNE
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • MERGED

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

there are two hook ups on the high pressure side; I think. The ac is blowing hot air, and the compressor is working. I just want to charge the system. But I can not find anywhere to connect the "walmart bottle and gage", it will fit on one of the connections on the high pressure side, it reads in the read while on or not, higher when not. Can you help?

Monday, March 6th, 2017 AT 12:46 PM