2002 CHEVY SILVERADO ROUGH IDLE IN COLD WHEATHER

• Gilbert Castro
  • 2002 Chevrolet Silverado

Engine problem
2002 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

2002 Chevy silverado 4.8 113000 miles rough idle in cold weather I have replace the fuel filter, fuel regulator, fuel pump and maf sensor (mass airflow sensor). Did not help BUT when I disconnect the maf sensor in the cold morning the idling improves and when reconnect it the idling is rough and wants to stall. When the truck is warm there are no obvious problems until the next morning?

Sunday, December 16th, 2007 AT 3:53 PM

• hihosilver2002

My truck does exactly the same as the one listed above. I have just checked a few simple things but have gotten nowhere. Someone suggested that a water temp sensor or an air temp sensor was bad. Is there more than one water temp sensor. The guage reads properly. I would appreciate anyones help Thanks Ron

Sunday, January 20th, 2008 AT 7:45 PM
  • rnaegle

I would also like to see a solution to this problem. I have a 2002 Silverado with only 59K miles and have the same issues?

Monday, November 23rd, 2009 AT 4:24 PM