CHEVY ACCELERATION PROBLEMS

2002 Chevrolet Silverado

bgood_02

June, 1, 2009 AT 2:22 PM

2002 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 94000 miles

It has almost no acceleration power and my SES light is on. Iv changed my spark plugs, wires, and my coil plug are on order. But im trying to make sure that is the real problem for my acceleration problem. I no the SES light means multiple misfires

Docfixit

June, 1, 2009 AT 2:36 PM

Hi Do you have a P0300 code? Is there a notiable miss or just sluggish? Also 4.3L, 5.3L or 6.0L?
Let me know
Thanks for donate
Any recent repairs? Recent tune?

bgood_02

June, 1, 2009 AT 2:45 PM

I have a 1500 5.3 4X4 its sluggish when accelerating and has problems reaching higher speeds

Docfixit

June, 1, 2009 AT 2:51 PM

Was code P0300? Has fuel pressure been checked?

bgood_02

June, 1, 2009 AT 2:54 PM

The code read multiple misfires but that was gonna be my next thing to check. Besides that what else could be causing this problem

Docfixit

June, 1, 2009 AT 3:31 PM

Lots of stuff the most difficult of all engine codes.
I've seen intake gaskets, broken valve spring and the most common bad CATS and faulty Crankshaft position sensor. Have back pressure checked 1-2 psi NO more. If high bad Cats.
Let me know
Is there a noticable miss?

bgood_02

June, 1, 2009 AT 11:05 PM

Not now I just changed out the gas filter and it was doing really shifting very nicely then nutting well then it seemd like I had no pressure when I pressed the gas, I had it about half way down and it was like I was idling, and there's a clank in the front, think maybe a loose distrubiter?

Docfixit

June, 2, 2009 AT 11:18 AM

Can you get a fuel pressure gague and check?
Is clank something new? Can you hear it at idle?

bgood_02

June, 2, 2009 AT 12:18 PM

Yeah im going to check the pressure after I change out my coil packs. The clank has been there but at first it was faint so I assumed it was a rock in the frame rails but now im starting to think it might be a factor.

Docfixit

June, 2, 2009 AT 1:02 PM

Does it clank when you put in gear and when trans shifts or accelerate?

bgood_02

June, 2, 2009 AT 4:03 PM

Only when im accelerating, iv been told by a GM dealership that the CATs were bad but when we used a firends computer it read the CATs were working just fine.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe