2001 Chevy Silverado Starting But Stalling Immediatly

BIG_RED_CHEVY123
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado with a 4.8L V8 with 208,000 miles. This is a lot of miles but have always used Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic, and have done all scheduled maintance. One day I go out and get ready to go to college and my truck starts but it's pretty hard to start, and it usually idles at 500 rpm's but when I would come to a stop sign it would go down to around 100-200 rpm's. The rest of the day it started fine. Now it won't stay running at all. I replaced the battery thinking that might be the problem because I had no electronics working at all. I took the alternator to AutoZone and got it tested and it was fine. I start the vehicle it runs for about 2 seconds and dies. I would appreciate all the help yall could give me because I need my truck for my job or I will lose it and then not be able to pay for my school. Thanks alot
Thursday, October 4th, 2007 AT 6:34 PM

FISHERMAN
First at all: Check the fuel pump:
turn on the ignition and "hear" the "Humming" on the gas Tank (it runs for a few seconds and turns off when the line are pressurized.)
let us Know what do you find.
-1
Thursday, October 4th, 2007 AT 8:37 PM
KLAUTEN
I own a 2001 Silverado 4.8 v8 it was hard to start and stalls out I checked the fuel pump its working theres pressure. I replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulator it still stalls out while running. What else could it be. Could it be the tps?
Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 AT 9:30 AM