CHEVY SECURITY LIGHT

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

kcpeestol

February, 13, 2009 AT 6:05 AM

2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 113500 miles

The security light comes on occasionally & stays on. Also the truck will not start occasionally. It turns over like it wants to start but doesn't. I eventually get it started. The fuel pump has been replaced twice now. What could be wrong with it?

BMRFIXIT

February, 13, 2009 AT 6:09 AM

Need Ignition switch and cylinder

next time it happens
security light on or blinking
engine will not start
crank start stalls
leave key in cylinder in ON position for about 10 min
and or until security light go out
turn key off and try again
need to check for codes check BCM codes
good luck

liz8907

February, 22, 2009 AT 6:12 PM

I'm not sure if this will help you because my car is a GM, but my car did the exact same thing and eventually the security light started to blink and it wouldn't go anywhere. There is nothing wrong with the car but when the security function is tripped it shuts off the starter and the fuel pump so a theif can't get away with your car. Whats happened was my anti-theft system malfunctioned and it made the car think that it was being stolen. Now there are a million sites on the internet telling you how to bypass the vat system, which is the anti-theift system. I looked in the handbook that came with my car and it told me how to fix it without having cut anywires. All I had to do was turn the radio off and enter the code using the radio dials and it started right up.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML