2001 Chevy Silverado Fuel Pump

TIMOTHYENRIGHT03
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
This past summer my fuel pump went out and I was able to replace the pump and the filter without a problem. Well. It's May now and lately my truck is having difficulties starting. Not every time, but at least two or three times a week. When it doesn't start I climb under the truck and knock at the gas tank a couple of times then it starts. It seems to be doing this more frequently now. And today it just won't start? Any Ideas?
Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 AT 5:55 PM

JACK42
Might be th epump gain. Did you use an A/C Delco replacement? The other ones are cheaper for a reason, they dont last. You need to install a manual pressure gauge on it to verify it is lacking pressure. You might also want to try replacing the relay in the underhood relay center. Those trucks the relay should be replaced when the pump is done. Otherwise you may just have bad pump
Thursday, May 7th, 2009 AT 8:25 AM