Headlight Wiring diagram

SUBZEROSCHMIDT
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

Electrical problem V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

broken wire I noticed that my headlights were not working started checking fuses everything good service adviser said likely the main switch. So I changed it. I already had some of the dash off. Lights started working. Then I noticed that the lights would come on and off as I moved the tilt steering. Started taking more apart. Then went back to garage. They said it was a box by the tilt steering and have ordered one for me. Then I noticed a broken wire. Yellow with a red strip. Anyone know what this wire is for. Or have a wiring diagram. I'll trace the other end. Waiting too see what the new part will look like.

I changed the switch for the head lights & the box on the steering wheel that includes the signal lights, wipers, 4 way flasher, cruise.

Head lights still not work.

BUt the big problem is that the truck will start, run for about 2-3 seconds, the shuts down. It does have the SECURITY light on.

Tried leave key in run position for 10 minutes the restarting, no help.

Tried spare key NO help?

Any HELP much appreciated.

I will send the pic to you. PLEASE HELP

Sunday, January 11th, 2009 AT 12:19 AM

2CARPROS KEN

There is a DRL relay that can be causing you problems. Below are the wiring diagrams for the headlights.

Here is a guide to help test the relay

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

First, check over all the connections that were removed and re-installed during the swap.

IF all is good, put the old part back in, since the original problem still remains and there is a new problem that didn't exist, I would return to that point.

If it starts and runs, return the part defective, and we will go back to the troubleshooting to headlights.

Did anything ever come of the mysterious yellow/red wire?

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

Friday, March 24th, 2017 AT 7:08 PM