2000 Chevy Silverado Fuel pump

MIKE GENTRY
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My truck fuel gage hasnt' worked correctly for 75,000 miles and the truck quit the local mechanic said that it is usually the fuel pump. Changed the pump and it didn't work. Unhooked the wires and hooked straight to a power supply and the pump worked. We tried the old one and it worked. We swapped out relays and checked fuses and no issue. Not sure were to go from here. I have been told that it could be a ECM or a bad connection.
Help
Saturday, November 14th, 2009 AT 1:05 PM

Welcome to the forum, Did you check for voltage at the fuel pump relay circuits? Voltage to the load side of relay is hot all the time. Check voltage for the coil side of relay, engine cranking.

You might use a noid lite, see if you have injector pulse, engine cranking? Are there any codes? Did you use a gage and check fuel pressure before replacing anything? Also, check for voltage and ground at pump connector.
Saturday, November 14th, 2009 AT 1:18 PM