1999 Chevy Silverado Water gushing from Evaporator Housing

YODA3333333
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have water gushing out from the drain tube. Not sure if it is related to the heater core being bad or clogged possibly. Low coolant light comes on, we fill it every 3 days. No water on the inside of the car but a pretty steady leak on the outside. I removed the heat shield on the passenger side to expose the drain tube and the leak is definitely coming from there. No leaking from the heater core hoses.

As a side note I recently hit a deer and had to have a new compressor installed as well as some work to get the fan on the air conditioner to work properly. Could this have possible caused any of the issues or is it a coincidence. The leaking started 1 week after getting the truck back from the shop.

Monday, August 24th, 2009 AT 11:56 PM

DR LOOT
I am a little confused, you are talking about water gushing out of the drain tube, do you run water or coolant in your radiator? The weight you're describing the water gushing out would require more than just filling your radiator every 3 (three) days, the air conditioning evaporator will freeze, and will drain plenty of water (if that's what we are talking about) on the ground
Wednesday, August 26th, 2009 AT 9:56 PM