CHEVY

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

james brodie

May, 13, 2008 AT 7:41 PM

Brakes problem
1998 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

hello and thankyou I have a problem with my brakes. My lite came on and I checked the fluid the front resivor was empty, I refilled it and attempted to bleed the system at the rear wheels. And cannot get fluid to come out, I removed the line from the resivor and checked to see if fluid comes out and was able to verify it is ok, I removed the bleeder screw to see if the screw was stopped up and no it was not I had someone pump the brakes over and over and attempted to bleed them again and no go. Cannot get fluid to the rear wheels. Also my brake lite is on, this all of a sudden happened and my ck engine lite is on also, could the proportioning valve be bad or stuck any info how to correct this, dont want to start taking things apart and not be on the rite track. Is there a bleeder valveon the abs assembly

blackop555

May, 13, 2008 AT 9:13 PM

Sounds like the master cylinder will have to be bleed then reinstalled on the vehicle then teh system rebled, best is to have a shop do it, wont cost alot and they will do it properly.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer