1997 Chevy Silverado heater core hoses

MISTERFOS
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The heater core was bypassed in my truck when I bought it. I put in a new heater core but dont know how to unbypass it and put the hoses in the right places. Where do the hoses go from the heater core? Right now a hose is disconnected and hanging there and there is a hose coming from maybe the waterpump and is looped to a fitting in the block. The one hanging I guess goes to radiator but not sure of the next hose routing. Thanks for your time. Mike
Friday, January 15th, 2010 AT 3:13 PM

Welcome to the forum. The hose that is looped back to the engine block from water pump, should go to the heater core. The hose that is hanging loose, one end goes to the heater core, other end goes to engine block.

I haven't looked at or found a heater hose routing diagram for your year. I will look. On older GM vehicles, I have bypassed heater cores, that same way.
Friday, January 15th, 2010 AT 3:49 PM