1997 Chevy Silverado code po 300 Random multiple misfire

HANDYHANDS84
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Hi, My truck is misfiring to the point of not being able to drive it or take it to a shop.
I have replaced the normal stuff like spark plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor, coil, fuel pump, fuel filters, O2 sensors, Injectors, and air filter. But even after all of this I am still having a problem with it not running right.
If someone could help me direct me in the next step I would greatly appreciate your help.
When I purchased the truck it had misfiring but I thought it would be one of the normal replacement things. My truck would seem to run fine for a few weeks and then it would act up again, and thats when I started replacing stuff.
I have run out of time and money trying to chase something I dont know what or where to look.
Thursday, April 2nd, 2009 AT 6:51 AM

You might have to get somebody to put a scanner, on it, so you can look at live engine data. See what the fuel trims are doing. I know you talked about the injector/s, but, what about the fuel poppets, have you tried injector cleaner, that might help the poppets if there is a problem in that area.

Just about anything can cause a 300 code, vacuum leak--egr--fuel--spark, you name it.
-1
Thursday, April 2nd, 2009 AT 8:56 AM