1995 Chevy Silverado Not Starting/losing power

ASRING
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
This has been a major headache! Truck will turn over like it wants to crank but no fire/then no fuel.
My mechanics are great knowledgable guys - thought first to be the coil, (did not put in) then put in the ignition modular, run great for a couple of days. Then lost all power. Finally cranked back - got to work - end of day - nothing again - hooked computer to determine problem. Ecm was determined to be the problem. AGAIN. Fixed the problem (temporary!) Died again. Last resort - the coil was put in, at present time truck is running. Any thoughts? Everyone is baffled? Engine is new. Only approx 30,000 on new engine. Tonight a major tune up is going to be done. Time for one anyway. Single mom and needs this truck, son's in rodeo. Any advise will be greatly appreciated! Leaving out and not knowing is scary!
Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 9:11 AM

When the engine dies and doesn't restart, are you getting spark and fuel to the engine?

Let me know.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 7:50 AM
ASRING
An inition modular, coil and an ecm has been put on but occasional it keeps cutting off. It will turn over but not fire. You can hear the fuel pump humming.
All the fuses have been checked. When it quits it could be sitting in the driveway or driving down the road. I lose all power driving down the road. ( Not the stereo, lights etc just speed) Then it will roll over but not crank. It does it hot or cold doesn't matter.
Last time it did it in the parking lot at work. Went out at lunch to go get gas. Would not crank. Roll back took it to a friend of mine's house - drove off the roll back and ran for a week. Everyone is confused. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 7:55 AM
WHen it doesn't start, I need you to check for spark and fuel to the engine. Here are the how-to's for checking.

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_test_an_ignition_system.htm

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

When the vehicle doesn't spark, one of these will be missing. I need to know which one so I can further direct you.

Let me know what you find.
Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 8:04 AM