1995 Chevy Silverado

ACE MECH
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My 1995 silverado z71 has HVAC issues. Start truck, a/c selector to max, directional control to vent, blower on high, in this configuration the a/c temporarily blows cold then switches over to very HOT air. Much hotter than outside air temp. From this configuration go to blower still high, a/c still at max, directional control to defrost and tada cold air blows from the defrosting vents. Turn blower to the OFF position, directional control to vent, leave a/c selector on max (as if it would matter) and the air blow out so hot it melts my face. These results do not change with cabin recirculation button on or off. Any help is greatly appreciated as it is reaching 100 deg in Texas now. Thanks, David Elder
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 AT 10:06 AM

JACK42
Will it do the same thing if the blower is set to low? If not, it sounds liek the blend door actuator is weak and cant hold the door closed when theblower is on high moving alot of air.I have seen this before on an older Chevy truck. The actuator is on the bottom of the HVAC box, use a mirror to see if the shaft moves when you put the blower on high
Friday, June 19th, 2009 AT 7:49 AM

Sponsored links